Rural Hub is the rhizome of a network of researchers, activists, scholars, and managers interested in identifying new models of economic development. All those people are motivated to find new solutions to the needs (both social and market-related) of the new rural enterprises.
It was founded as a research union, in order to facilitate the connection between new and innovative enterprises, investors and trade associations. This “response” to the lack of business incubators and service providers could really entail a renewal of the business, for a sustainable development of the agri-food industry.
Rural Hub is the first Italian hacker space allowing connection and sharing among people, ideas, technologies and projects concerning social innovation projects applied to the rural world.
Rural Hub is:
- A co-living and co-working space;
- A study center leading a permanent research on social innovation applied to rural;
- Local and global venue of events;
- An incubator carrying on Mentoring e Project Financing for Rural Start-ups:
- Connector between innovators and rural change-makers;
- A laboratory, concerned with new business and communitarian realities, both formal and informal, involving agri-food;
- A task force for projects of activation of rural communities;
Rural Hub is involved in the research project financed by MIUR cod. PAC02L3_00026;
Its partners are: